Monday, July 23, 2012

HOME SWEET HOME

It's so good to be home---in my own bed. Our little holiday was very busy seeing lots of family and old friends. I haven't been to Vancouver Island in years, and it has sure changed.

First we went to Victoria, B.C.  It was fun to be a tourist and walk around the inner harbour. We walked all the way down to Fisherman's Wharf.  How would you like to live in one of these cute floating houses? There was one for sale..................$384,000.00


Now wouldn't this make a nice quilt shoppe?



After walking around for a couple of hours, we took a water taxi back to the inner harbour.


Up Island, is Parksville and Qualicum Beach. We used to live here.  We stayed in a beautiful hotel right on the beach. To think I used to bring my kids here for free!

The view from our balcony


Parksville also has a new Quilt Shop. Sweet Pea Quilting has lots of bright fun fabrics and the owner is very nice : )


and, I had to go to the Coombs market to see if the goats were still on the roof. Yup, still there. I wonder what generation these ones are?



I did manage to find a couple more quilt shops, but I only brought home a few treasures:


I'm looking forward to dusting off my sewing machine today, and getting back in the groove : )

Happy Stitching.

9 comments:

**nicke... said...

you did get some beautiful fabric. i love those bottom two. i am glad you had a great weekend! i would love to buy that adorable floating house... i better get a few more jobs to afford it though!

Catherine said...

wow, love those goats on the roof :-)

Holly said...

Thanks for the tip about the new quilt shop in Parksville! I'll have to check it out when I'm on the island sometime.

CitricSugar said...

Sounds like a great trip! My favourite aunt and uncle just retired and moved to Nanaimo so I'll have to go visit... My aunt will definitely want to know about those goats - too funny!

Katherine said...

Oh, looks like a lovely getaway. It's been years since I've visited the island. Thanks for the tip about the quilt shop to see in Parksville. Looks enticing!

Have fun settling back in now that you're home....

Megan said...

Looks like a fun vacation! Nice scenery, good company, and cute fabric acquisitions. Welcome back to your routines!

Erica said...

Those houseboats in Victoria are so neat! Love how people have little gardens growing on them, too! Nice fabric - I am going to start a baby quilt this weekend based around the watermelon owls/critters print in your stack - can't wait to see what you make with yours!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Looks like you had a great break, I love the house boats. We were in Norway last week - lots of grass roofs, but I didn't see any goats, LOL

CapitolaQuilter said...

I loved seeing your pictures of the floating houses and the goats. Looks like a great place to explore one day.